Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Simply food: Rempeyek
Simply food
 
This blog is all about food I've tested in my kitchen contain with pics and recipes which come from different sources.
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Rempeyek

Sometimes people use either Peanut only or Salty tiny sea fish ( Teri or in Spore people call it ikan bilis) . For me , I like to mix them both .. I love peyek and i think everybody will love this peanut and tiny fish crisp.. realy yummy ... gosh I have to swallow my saliva already ...
Straight to the recipe:

155 g (5 oz) peanuts
100 g Ikan Bilis ( small and white type )100 g (3½ oz) rice flour4 tablespoons starch 1 cup Coconut Milk + water
4 cloves Garlic
6 ea candlenut
Half table spoon coriander
1 egg
Salt ( if using ikan bilis which is already salty , pls don't put too much salt)

Crush Garlic , Candlenut and coriander finely and then mix well with rice flour , starch and coconut milk+ water in a bowl ( make sure that the batter not too thick coz it will make the Peyek very hard .. add more liquid if it is thick) .
Wash the Peanut and Ikan Bilis and mix'em with the batter .

Prepare the skillet and oil (@ least ¾ the skilet and fry when the oil hot from the side of skillet) till golden browned.

Photo to be post later .
Happy trying

Labels:

posted by Tuti @ 10:15 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Tuti
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

Image hosting

Edit by Tuti

BLOGGER

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket