Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Simply food: Rosti
Simply food
 
This blog is all about food I've tested in my kitchen contain with pics and recipes which come from different sources.
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Rosti

Rosti ,Is this fried grated potatoes originated from German or swiss? not sure either .
I knew this food for the 1st time when my Husband brought me to Marche Restaurant here .
Since then everytime we go to Marche, Rosti is always be my number 1 choice .
Today , I decided to try to make , it is very very simple ...here you go :

Rosti , for 4 servings
6 Potatoes
1 Onion - finely chopped
4 Slice bacon ( Optional)
1/2 cup butter or lard
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Boil the potatos in their for 15 minutes ( but not too tender)
Strip off the skin and coarsly grated. mix in chopped onion and sliced bacon carefully.
Heat the butter on to non stick pan , add the potatos miture when the oil is quiet hot.
lightly pat the mixture in to round cake with spatula. cook over low heat until the underside is crusty and well browned. Flip over and fry further 10-15 minutes until the other side crisp and well browned too.
Ready to serve , normally served with sour cream.

Yummyyy...

Labels:

posted by Tuti @ 3:38 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Tuti
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

Image hosting

Edit by Tuti

BLOGGER

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket