Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Simply food: Black Forest
Simply food
 
This blog is all about food I've tested in my kitchen contain with pics and recipes which come from different sources.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Black Forest



This post is also present in my other blog adiaryoflove , I just copy and paste coz I'm quite busy to type again :
Last night I decided to make Black Forest , I got the recipe from Dapur Bunda ( too bad the moderator had just passed away).
This was my 1st time making this BF cake and it turned up to be Quite good@ least that's what my colleagues said so .It below part is a bit hard but the upper one is totally soft .. ( maybe coz I didn’t sift the flour as the recipe told to) .. anyway I also forget to put the Vanilla powder. But luckily it taste just what I expected it should be. The next time I try to bake this cake I will definitely sift ‘em.
My Heidi loves the whipped cream ,she helped me tidy up the cake Deco by trimming the cream and put straight away to her mouth hehehe…
Here is the recipe :

Black Forest by Dapur Bunda
( I have modified the recipe by my self)

Ingredients:
8 ea Eggs ( Medium size)
60 gr Cocoa Powder
40 gr Corn Flour
100 gr All purpose Flour
1 tablespoon Emulsifier
100 gr Margarine – melted and cooled
200 gr Castor Sugar
¼ teaspoon Vanilla
10 or more Red Cherries
1 can Black Cherry
Dark cooking chocolate -Using a vegetable peeler, shave chocolate; refrigerate until ready to serve.


1.Mix well the all purpose flour with the cocoa powder and corn flour
2. Beat the egg and emulsifier ( with mixer) until frothy. Gradually add sugar beating until light colored and thick. Sift flour and cocoa over batter at a time. Gently fold in after each addition
3.Pour the batter in to Dia 20 cm pans and baked in the oven of 180 deg C approx. 30 minutes until and inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Turn onto racks to cool.
4. Cut the cake horizontally in to 2 layer and rub each part with Black Cheery liquid .
5. apply whipped cream in to 1st layer (approx 2 cm ) and arrange the black cherry on top of it.
6. apply whipped cream on the 2nd layer and put on top of 1st layer
7. cover the whole cake with the whipped cream and arrange the red cherry and chocolate shave on top.
8. Put in the refrigerator .
9. Ready to serve.

Labels:

posted by Tuti @ 9:19 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Tuti
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

Image hosting

Edit by Tuti

BLOGGER

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket